Are you looking to bust out that deep fryer? Do you have some leftover beer from football season. If you answered yes to these two questions, try out this tremendous recipe for the perfect tailgate appetizer below.
And when you eat them, you can repeat the only funny line in Caddyshack II: “Did you ever try putting with a wedgie?” Enjoy!
BEER-BATTERED POTATO WEDGES
* Oil for deep-fat frying
* 4 Medium baking potatoes
* 1 Egg
* 1 cup All-purpose flour
* 1 tbsp. Seasoned salt
* ½ tsp. Pepper
* 1 tbsp. Canola oil
* ¼ cup Milk
* ½ cup Beer (non-alcoholic beer works fine too)
* Sour cream (optional)
1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Microwave for 5-to-6 minutes uncovered on high power. Turn once and microwave for 5-to-6 more minutes, or until tender.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, flour, salt, pepper, Canola oil and milk until mixture is smooth. Stir in beer. Set aside.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each into 12 wedges.
4. In deep-fat fryer (or electric skillet), heat oil to 375 degrees. Dip potato wedges into batter and fry in batches for 3-to-4 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
5. Drain on paper towels. Serve with (optional) sour cream. This recipe yields 48 wedges.