Burgers are always a good option but frankly they can be boring. Here is a very non boring option.
Jamie Schweid from Schweid & Sons has provided us with this great recipe.
Schweid & Sons is a family-owned, fourth generation ground beef purveyor focused on high-quality ground beef, since 1978.
NY Deli Burger
– by Jamie Schweid
- Pretzel or Seeded Twist Roll
- Schweid & Sons Signature Series: Chuck Brisket ground beef
- Deli / Brown Mustard
- Deli sliced Pastrami
- Option 1: GRILL – Cook for about 40-55 seconds per side in a hot skillet
- Option 2: STEAM – Wrap slices of pastrami in aluminum foil. Place it over a pot of boiling water for up to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated
- Once Burger has been cooked to desired temperature, place on roll
- Top with 2 slices of Pastrami folded in half over top of the Burger patty
- Add mustard to taste
- Serve cold on top of roll