Conference championships are over and the college football playoff picture is set. Alabama is in, Ohio State is out. Clemson-Alabama is the gift that keeps giving. Georgia is the real deal and Oklahoma rounds out the field. But you don’t have to wait until January for a great tailgate or football-watching party. Bowl season is rapidly approaching and we’ve got a great recipe for some hot cheesy corn dip that will warm up any gathering. Our friends at Roth Cheese have set the tone for dippin’ with this delicious recipe.
Hot & Cheesy Corn Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus additional for baking dish
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño chiles, seeded, veins removed and finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Roth GranQueso® Cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Additional scallion slices and cilantro for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter pie plate or other baking dish. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. When foaming subsides, Add corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno chiles, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until onions soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the GranQueso® cheese, canned green chiles, scallions, chili powder and cilantro. Carefully fold in corn mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread into prepared baking dish; top with remaining GranQueso. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with additional scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.