It’s baseball season, which naturally means baseball tailgating! Normally people think about tailgating as a football-only kind of event. But, we try really hard here to expand tailgating to pretty much anywhere. It is tough to get as worked up about baseball since there are 81 home games to cover. Here are some ideas followed by a fruity, summer cocktail to get you motivated for some good baseball tailgating fun.
Baseball Tailgating Tips
- Pick the best, most interesting game on the schedule.
- Yankees at Orioles. Cubs at Brewers. Cardinals at Cubs- that’s what we are talking about.
- Find the most interesting game to go to.
- Probably make it a weekend game.
- We like to get creative with food and drinks at our tailgate party.
- This is America’s Pastime, so at least have the basic hot dogs and burgers available.
- Have baseball-themed games.
- Bring a cornhole set that is painted with a baseball motif.
- Bring a baseball and a few gloves.
- And finally, bring plenty of sunscreen.
- The football tailgates are often in less warm times so you may not need sun protection. But partying in Arlington, Texas before a Rangers game in mid-July cries out for skin protection.
Get Baseball Tailgating-Ready With This Tequila Bay Breeze Recipe
Tequila Bay Breeze
- 1 part Sauza® 901® Tequila
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1 part cranberry juice
- Pineapple spear optional
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Serve over ice in highball glass.
- Garnish with pineapple spear.
We’ve got more baseball tailgating tips and recipes for you to try out, including this aptly named baseball steak recipe from Rob Hawkins at Char-Broil.