With college hoops nearing March Madness, below is one of our favorite round grilling recipes. The great thing about it is that you can go all out and make some of the ingredients from scratch, or do a quicker version with ready prepared shortcuts.
This recipe will make six 8-inch pizzas or five 10-inch pizzas. Enjoy!
BBQ CHICKEN MAC ‘N’ CHEESE PIZZA
* Mac ‘n’ Cheese
* Pizza Dough
* 3 Grilled Chicken Breasts, shredded (½ breast for each pizza)
* Barbecue sauce
* Tomato sauce (optional)
* Shredded cheese (any variety, optional)
1. Prepare Pizza Dough ahead of time to allow the dough to proof. You can also do a quicker version by using pita bread or flat bread for crust.
2. Prepare desired Mac ‘n’ Cheese. Though many make macaroni more crusty on top, the better option for this pizza is a cheesier, less crusty version.
3. Prepare chicken: You can either grill or bake the chicken breast, whichever you prefer. After chicken is cooked and cooled enough to handle, add chicken to a mixing bowl and shred. Add barbecue sauce and tomato sauce to taste. Stir.
4. Grill top side of pizza crust, or the pita or flat bread.
5. Arrange shredded BBQ chicken and a layer of Mac ‘n’ Cheese on the grilled side of the crust.
6. Fill a plastic bag with BBQ sauce and snip the tip. Drizzle a bit more BBQ sauce on top of the macaroni. Or if you prefer, spoon it on top instead.
7. Top with a little more shredded cheese, if desired, and grill over medium to medium-high heat until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.