Chicken wings are a tailgating staple. They’re good for any season, any sport, any time. Now you can make them ahead of time and save yourself the game-day trouble with this recipe from our friends at Wonderbag. To get the lowdown on a new “green” way to slow-cook, click on the wonderbag website. For a delicious recipe, read on:
STICKY CHILI CHICKEN WINGS (SERVES 4 – 6)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Stove Top Time: 30 minutes.
Wonderbag time: 3 hours
- 30 ml oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 chili’s, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 24 chicken wings with the wing tip cut off
- 1 x 400g tin tomato puree
- 150 ml sweet chili sauce
- 15 ml salt
- 10 ml pepper
- 30 ml sugar
- 90 ml chopped coriander
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken wings.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, brown the onion and garlic and fry the pepper.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and chicken wings and bring to the boil
- Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 15 minutes
- Place in the wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 3 hours
- Open and brown under the grill if desired
- Serve with basmati rice or fresh crusty bread