Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend to everybody! What better way to celebrate the approach of spring than with a little March Madness (the NCAA tournament selection show is Sunday too) and St. Patrick’s Day all at once! Need something better than just some green-colored beer to serve at your parties and tailgates this weekend? How about this Irish Maid cocktail recipe from www.aworthyread.com? Cheers!
- 2 ounces Jameson Whiskey Casemates or Black
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 0.5-ounce Elderberry Liqueur
- 0.75 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.75-ounce Simple Syrup with a drop of honey (the honey is optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Into a shaking tin drop in two (2) slices of cucumber, using a muddler mash cucumbers.
- Add whiskey, Elderberry liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup and lots of ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a wheel of fresh cucumber.
- Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.