Baseball is BACK! Happy Opening Day and Opening weekend to all you baseball fans around the U.S. and beyond. Opening Day came a little earlier this year and we aren’t complaining. It might be a little chillier in some places than normal, but that’s all the more reason to fire up a grill – whether it’s to keep warm around or use as an excuse to get outside and enjoy – either in your backyard or at the stadium lots. There is no better way to kick off the baseball season than serving up beer and brats, so why not try this recipe from our friends at Johnsonville that combines both?
Beer Chaser Brat Hot Tub
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Firecracker Spicy Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-in. rings
- 1 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-in. rings
- 4-5 cans(12 ounces each) beer
- 1 heavy duty foil baking pan (14-in. x 10-in. x 3-in.)
- 10 brat buns
- Place foil baking pan over medium heat on a gas or charcoal grill, add butter. Grill until butter is melted.
- Add the onion and peppers; cover with foil and grill 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Add beer; hold, uncovered, on grill.
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- When brats are cooked, place in hot tub.
- Serve brats with peppers and onions on a bun.
Content Editor for Inside Tailgating magazine and insidetailgating.com, freelance writer and author of “Ballplayer,” the Chipper Jones biography that came out in April of 2017. Former sportswriter for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, wife, mother of three young sons and certified Dookie. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.