Summer is heating up and Jimmy Buffett is on the road! His “Son of a Sailor” tour hits stops in Tulsa, OK, North Little Rock Ark. and Dallas, Texas this week. We are here to help Parrotheads near and far get ready with this recipe for the “pitcher-perfect” margarita we found on www.chowhound.com. It’s margaritas for mass quantities. And did we mention it’s both easy and tastier than using a mix?
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 liter 100 percent agave tequila, chilled
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen limeade, thawed in the refrigerator
- 4 ounces frozen concentrated orange juice (1/2 cup), thawed
- 1/4 cup bottled lime juice
- Ice (optional)
- 4 medium limes, each cut into 6 wedges
- Rich Simple Syrup (optional; see Game Plan note)
- Salt (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a large pitcher or container (at least 1-gallon capacity) and stir to evenly combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving.
- Serve the mixed margarita up or over ice in a chilled margarita glass with a lime wedge.
- Alternatively, to serve over ice with salt, fill a small, shallow dish with simple syrup and a second small, shallow dish with salt. Dip the rim of a glass in the simple syrup, then in the salt. (If you don’t have simple syrup, rub a lime wedge on the rim to moisten.) Add ice and top with the mixed margarita. Serve with a lime wedge.
Content Editor for Inside Tailgating magazine and insidetailgating.com, freelance writer and author of “Ballplayer,” the Chipper Jones biography that came out in April of 2017. Former sportswriter for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, wife, mother of three young sons and certified Dookie. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.