This week marks the 10th anniversary of the Bonnaroo Music Festival celebrated in Manchester, Tennessee from June 9-12. We know that many of you don’t only tailgate for sports. That’s why we like you so much! You’re well-rounded, perfect presidential candidates with a clean rap sheet, right?
So we’ve put together some quick notes on how to stay out of trouble and enjoy your tailgating experience. We travel all around the country in our Inside Tailgating RVs, so we know the hard part is staying out of trouble when you are in the middle of a cow pasture for four days.
Be warned! The Bonnaroo crew is rolling out new RFID wristbands this year. Yes, Big Brother is tracking you – they’ll have a scanner at the paddywagon station. Just kidding! Whatever you do, don’t put on your wristband before you get there. And whatever you do, have a freaking good time!!
Tailgating Down to a Science
These folks have their tailgating scene down to a science! Can’t blame ‘em it’s hard to survive in the middle of nowhere Tennessee in the heat of the summer, right?
Click HERE for the full list, but here are a few quick pointers on the limits on your tailgating gear:
– The General Admission Campground opens at 7 PM on Wed June 8th
– Each car is allotted at 10’ X width of your car space to set up camp
– No kegs, no glass, and a limit of 2 cases of beer per car (boo!)
– Small grills are permitted, but don’t expect to throw the hog you have tied to the
top of your car on your giant grill
– No more than 40 lbs of charcoal
– Absolutely no pets (they will melt)
– Don’t forget an extra set of car keys (remember when that happened last time?)
Newbies don’t fret. You won’t starve out there and you certainly won’t miss the chance to have an adult beverage in your hands at all times. Grab some grub from one of the food trucks at the Road Truck Oasis. In Centeroo they’ve got the Miller Lite On Tap Lounge serving up cold ones.
The guys at Paste Magazine put together a list with videos of the top 15 acts to check out that aren’t headlining.
Now it’s your turn! Be sure to hit us up to share your tailgating pictures and crazy whirlwind adventures IF you recuperate.