The most important thing on the 4th of July is to honor America. But then, of course, the next thing to do is to fire up your grill. here are a couple of recipes to help you out. Just consider your Independence Day celebration as America’s tailgate.
Top Sirloin with Grilled Mushrooms
- 4 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag along with the oil, vinegar, orange zest, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley.
- Seal the bag and push the steak around to coat well, Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat and oil the grill.
- Remove the steak and marinade from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Remove the steak from the bag and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushroom caps into plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and push the mushrooms around to coat with marinade.
- Remove them from the bag and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Discard plastic bag.
- Grill the steak over direct medium-high heat about 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 12 minutes on each side for medium.
- Grill the mushrooms at the same time, top side down, on the edge of direct heat.
- Flip the mushrooms when you flip the steak and grill about 8 minutes longer, or until just beginning to char.
- Remove from the grill. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak and mushrooms into strips and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
- 1 part Cruzan® Strawberry Rum
- 1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
- 1 half of a Lime, cut into quarters
- 6 Basil leaves
- Soda Water
- .5 part Sugar
Muddle lime and basil with sugar in a tumbler. Add rums and ice, then shake 2 times to mix. Pour into a rocks glass and top with soda. Garnish with 1 basil top and a fanned strawberry slice.