We are celebrating Preakness week by having a recipe per day that can be a part of your Preakness tailgate.
Up next is the official drink of the Preakness Stakes, The Black-Eyed Susan. It is a daytime style drink:
The Black-Eyed Susan
- 1 1/4 ounces Early Times Kentucky Whiskey
- 3/4 ounce Vodka
- 3 ounces sweet and sour mix
- 2 ounces orange juice
- Orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain over ice into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.