Whether it’s your playoff football tailgate or a holiday party, Goodnight Brothers Country Ham has some great recipes for entertaining this time of year featuring their line of all-natural ham and pork products. The “Sweet and Salty Ham Bites” make the perfect app and are super easy to make, plus they’re a great way to use that jar of homemade pepper jelly that’s been sitting in the pantry. You can make them ahead of time and refrigerate for a tailgate. Easy Peasy. The “Pork Side Bites” are a little more time-consuming but still doable for game day because you prepare the meat ahead of time in a slow cooker. Enjoy!
Dry Cured Ham Sweet and Salty Bites recipe
Dry Cured Ham Sweet and Salty Bites
- Box of Ritz Crackers
- Goat Cheese
- 1 package of Goodnight Brothers Thin Sliced Dry Cured Ham
- 1 jar Pepper Jelly
- Cook ham according to directions on the package and slice into small bites
- Assemble the bites with cracker, then goat cheese, then ham topped with pepper jelly.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Pork Side Bites recipe
Pork Side Bites
- 1 package Pork Shoulder
- 1 package pork side fat
- 6 oz cream cheese
- Athen’s Mini Phyllo Shells
- 12 oz beer
- Place pork shoulder and pork side fat in slow cooker with beer.
- Cook on low for 4 hours and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Separate the pork shoulder from bone and remove excess fat from meat from the pork side fat. Combine cuts of meat and continue to shred.
- Place shredded meat in medium size bowl. Add 6 oz of cream cheese and 4 oz of bbq sauce and stir.
- Place a spoonful of pulled pork into each Athen’s Mini Phyllo Shells. Place on a cooking sheet and back for 10 minutes or until pork is warm.