College basketball’s March Madness is underway with Championship Week in full swing. As you tailgate in anticipation of your favorite conference’s tournament, try out this excellent recipe for basketball cupcakes.
This is actually a lot easier to make than it looks, since the cookies and cupcakes are store bought. You can certainly go all out and create cookies and cupcakes from scratch, but then you might miss a great buzzer beater. Enjoy the hoops mayhem!
* Sugar cookies (3 inches in diameter)
* Mini white cupcakes (approximately 1 inch tall)
* White frosting
* Orange decorators’ gel
* Mini basketball chocolates (available at candy stores)
1. For each basket, trim the cupcake flush with the wrapper’s edges, if needed. Frost the cupcake and pipe a ring of decorators’ gel around the edge.
2. For the backboard, frost half of a cookie, then add decorators’ gel details. Keeping the cookie flat, dab frosting where the basket will go and gently press the cupcake in place.
3. Use another dab of frosting to secure a chocolate basketball. Let the treats set for at least 30 minutes before standing them up.