Last Updated on 08/19/2021 by Inside Tailgating
Not many men have embodied football quite like Mike Ditka. He played in the NFL for 12 years and was selected to five straight Pro Bowls. He has three Super Bowl rings (one as a player, one as an assistant coach, and one as a head coach) and was the first tight end elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1988.
Ditka is now a broadcaster on ESPN, continuing to eat, sleep and breathe football. So in tribute to the man who Bill Swerski’s Super Fans compared to with God in past Saturday Night Live skits, we give you Mike Ditka’s Official Tailgater’s Pork Chops recipe that serves eight people.
This recipe calls for a 10-minute prep time, 10-minute cook time and 12-to-24 hours of marinating time:
* 8 pork rib chops (1” thick)
* 4 cups orange juice
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
* 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix together with a whisk.
2. Pour over pork chops and marinate in refrigerator for 12-to-24 hours.
3. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade.
4. Season pork with salt and pepper.
5. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Farenheit.
6. Let pork chops sit for 3 minutes, then enjoy!