There is not always a sporting event in your area. You may be miles away from the closest college football team, let alone a pro sports franchise.
But you have your Stowaway2 Hitch Mounted Grill Station , Coolest Cooler , Viba Seat , Tailgate TV Stand , Phloops , and ACL Elite Cornhole Boards all ready to go. (BTW, see Inside Tailgating Giveaway: 6 Great Products + 100 Subscriptions for a way to win those very tailgating tools).
So what do you do? Tailgate, of course.
Others may call it a party or a picnic. Some even could say it a cookout. But you know what it is. It’s a tailgate. Take advantage of your situation and tailgate your butt off.
Here is a recipe, followed by a cocktail that seems to work pretty much any place:
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- 12 slices rye bread
- 6 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese
- 1 can (16 oz) sauerkraut, drained
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced cooked corned beef
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Spread 1 tablespoon Thousand Island Dressing over each of 6 slices bread.
- Top with cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter over each top slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches, butter sides down, in skillet.
- Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread.
- Cook uncovered over low heat about 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Cook about 8 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 thin lime wedge Ice
- 1 1/2 ounces silver (blanco), 100 percent agave tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec orange liqueur, preferably Luxardo Triplum or Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 lime) 1
- very thin lime slice, for garnish
- In a medium pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, and 1/2 cup water.
- If desired, rub the rims of 4 glasses with a lime slice and dip in salt to coat.
- Serve the margaritas in the prepared glasses over ice and garnish with the lime slices.