Last Updated on 04/15/2021 by Inside Tailgating
Everyone loves chicken fingers. But too often we eat some pretty bad versions of this iconic dishes. How about at your next tailgate you make a nice, homemade version. It is simple and tasty.
- 1 package Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Strips
- 1-1/2 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons Seasoning Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Start by rinsing and drying your chicken strips.
- Submerge the chicken strips in buttermilk for 15 to 20 minutes
- In another bowl combine about 1 ½ cups flour and 2 teaspoons of Seasoning Salt.
- Mix this together well.
- Add about ¼ to ½ cup of buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork as you add it.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Remove a few of the buttermilk-soaked strips and place them in the flour mixture, turning them over to coat them thoroughly.
- Place them on a plate.
- Continue coating chicken strips until they are all ready to cook.
- When the oil is sufficiently heated, begin cooking the strips a few at a time.
- Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side.
- When golden and crispy, remove them to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.