Last Updated on 08/19/2021 by Inside Tailgating
The NASCAR season starts its engines Sunday for the Daytona 500. All drivers will be chasing defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Tony “Smoke” Stewart.
Below is an outstanding, yet simple recipe from the three-time points champion nicknamed “Smoke” among his wide throng of fans. This recipe called Smoke’s Shrimp makes 4-to-6 servings. Enjoy the racing action!
* 1 lb. Fresh Large Shrimp (peeled with tails on)
* 12 oz. Bacon
* Garlic Powder
* Dried Onion Flakes
* 18 oz. Barbeque Sauce
* Aluminum foil
1. Clean shrimp and rinse under cold water in colander. Pat dry.
2. Season shrimp with garlic powder, pepper and onion flakes.
3. Cut bacon slices in half and wrap ½ bacon strip around each shrimp, securing each with a toothpick. Place shrimp in shallow glass pan and pour BBQ sauce evenly over shrimp. Cover with aluminum foil and marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Prepare grill using low heat. Grill shrimp until bacon begins to crisp. Make sure you don’t overcook.