Last Updated on 04/15/2021 by Inside Tailgating
Next time you’re gearing up to tailgate and notice that lonely beer staring back at you from your fridge, put it to use like I did: snag a 10- 12 cup Bundt pan from your grandma, or local thrift store, put on an apron, and bake it into this delectable cake.
Worried because you’ve never baked a cake from scratch before? If you can figure out how to put together a fantasy football team, you can bake this cake. Your tailgate will have a sweet finish even if your quarterback doesn’t!
- 2 cups (14 ounces) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 14 tablespoons (7 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces of beer of your choice* (put 3 tablespoons aside if you want to make the chocolate glaze below)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (3 ounces) cocoa
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
*Beers like stouts, porters, and heavy ales tend to jive better with chocolate.
HOW TO DO IT
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and eggs until combined. Whisk in butter, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and beer until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour with cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk into wet mixture a ½ cup at a time until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Loosen edges with knife and invert onto serving plate.
Want to really show your friends how it’s done? Drizzle this boozy chocolate glaze on top once your cake has cooled.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons beer
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
HOW TO DO IT
- Melt your butter in a small saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Drizzle over Bundt cake.
- Share with friends.