Christmas is three days away. Need a little something to make the wrapping session more fun? Or something to serve family and friends as they arrive in town? Or something that says “Christmas” at your tailgate? It’s time to break out an eggnog cocktail. We found a great recipe at “a farm girl’s dabbles” for “Angela’s Eggnog Cocktail.”
Angela’s Eggnog Cocktail recipe
Angela’s Eggnog Cocktail
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- ice cream scoop
- 4 martini glasses
- course sparkly sugar
- 2 c. eggnog very cold
- 1/2 c. brandy chilled
- 1/2 c. almond flavored liqueur chilled (I used Amaretto Di Saronno®)
- 3 large scoops frozen vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Rim martini glasses with sugar crystals. A quick and easy way is to dip a clean finger into a cup of water, shake off the excess, and run your fingertip around the rim. Then immediately dip the rim in a small plate of sugar.
- In a blender, combine eggnog, brandy, almond liqueur, ice cream, and nutmeg until smooth. I highly recommend that you place the brandy and almond liqueur in the refrigerator to chill the day before making these cocktails (or place in freezer for an hour or two). This will ensure a very nicely chilled drink. If you like your drinks even colder, and like some ice bits, blitz some chopped ice along with all the ingredients. Placing your glasses in the refrigerator or freezer a couple hours before serving also gives these drinks a frosty edge.
- Pour into sugar rimmed glasses. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and serve immediately.