Last Updated on 07/06/2021 by Inside Tailgating
March Madness drinks and treats to see you through the tourney!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Men’s and Women’s college basketball are in the midst of their respective tournaments and we couldn’t be happier about it. Try out these b-ball themed cocktails and bites the next time your team tip’s off.
If you’re in need of more March Madness drinks, snacks or entertaining ideas, we’ve got you covered. Want the best dip to dunk? We’ve got that right here. Need some inspiration for kicking things up a notch? We’ve got that too. Busted brackets got you down? Find a new way to play here.
March Madness Drinks Recipes
Slam Dunk Cocktail
- 2 cups Tequila
- 1 cup Orange liqueur
- 1/2 gallon Orange sherbet
- 2 liter Ginger ale
- 6 ounce Frozen orange juice concentrate (optional)
- Orange slices for garnish
- Place sherbet and frozen orange juice concentrate in a punch bowl. Allow thawing for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in ginger ale, tequila and orange liqueur. Garnish with orange slices and serve.
- 1 ounce Jameson
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- Do up the rim of a highball glass with salt.
- Combine all liquid ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker
- Give it just a few shakes to chill
- Strain into a salt-rimmed glass and enjoy your March Madness drinks
Creamy Bacon and Onion Cheese-It Grooves
- 1 Box of Cheese-It Grooves
- 1 package of bacon, cooked
- 1-2 cups of French Onion Dip
- Layer crackers on serving platters.
- Using a piping bag or a plastic baggie with an edge snipped, spoon the french onion dip into the bag, and then pipe on top of each cracker.
- Top each one with a piece of bacon. I didn’t actually crumble them, I sliced them into bite-size pieces. (see photo) But you could crumble them and add crumbled bacon to the top.
Need more Cheese-It ideas? Check these out!