Last Updated on 04/15/2021 by Inside Tailgating
You need something old and filled with alcohol to make it through the next couple of days. So here is a perfect thing for the holidays, an Old Fashioned.
Named after Abraham Lincoln’s childhood home in Kentucky, Knob Creek is an old-fashioned, pre-Prohibition-style bourbon. This small-batch whiskey is aged for a lengthy nine years and bottled at 100 proof, stronger than your average bottling. It’s a sweet, woody whiskey, and surprisingly easy to drink, for a bourbon of its age and strength.
Knob Creek® Old Fashioned Holiday Recipe
by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
Knob Creek® Old Fashioned Holiday
- 1 1/2 Parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 Part Cinnamon Syrup
- 1/2 Part Lemon
- 1 Part Wild Ale like Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales®
- 1 Egg White
- Nutmeg for Garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a bar tin without ice. Shake for 20 seconds.
- Add ice and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Double strain into chilled lowball glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.