Last Updated on 04/15/2021 by Inside Tailgating
When we think of tailgating we think of Thai food.
Ok, that never happens. But let’s try something different.
- 6 ounces dried wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion greens
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until just al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large deep skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 10 seconds.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; stir-fry until the shrimp curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, bean sprouts, scallion greens, vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar and crushed red pepper
- toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. I
- f desired, sprinkle with peanuts and serve with lime wedges.