Last Updated on 04/14/2021 by Inside Tailgating
There is never too many steak recipes. Thanks to our friends at Tessemae’s we can’t wait to rush out and try this wonderful steak and tomato recipe.But then we need a drink to go with it. So how does a drink with The Black Grouse scotch whiskey called the Braveheart sound? Pretty good, I bet.
Garlic Rubbed Steaks with Melted Tomatoes
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 bunch scallions, sliced crosswise
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s French Vinaigrette
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
4 NY strip or Ribeye steaks, 1 ½ inch thick, room temperature (or any steak!)
2 tablespoons Slow Roasted Garlic
4, 6-ounce russet potatoes, baked (optional)
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Create a tray with aluminum foil for the tomatoes, or use a small cast iron skillet on top of the grill. In the foil, toss the tomatoes with the scallions and French, season with salt and pepper. Set your tomatoes on one side of a sheet pan.
- Line the other side of the sheet pan with foil and place the steaks on top. Season very generously with salt and pepper and rub with the Slow Roasted Garlic.
- Place the steaks and the pan of tomatoes on the grill. Cook the steaks to medium rare, 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness and cut of steak), rotating from top to bottom on each side. Cook the tomatoes until soft and burst, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let the steak rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Stir the tarragon into the tomatoes and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve the steak topped with the tomatoes and the baked potatoes alongside.
Tip: Try cooking your potatoes on the girll! Drizzle with a little oil, wrap in a double layer of foil, and grill on medium about an hour, turning every 15 min. If you put them on when you pre-heat, they will be done by the time the steaks are rested.
Created by Tim Heuisler, Time Restaurant
2 oz. The Black Grouse
3 ½ oz. Tomato Juice (we love McClures Bloody Mary Mix)
½ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
½ oz. Worcestershire
Pinch Celery Salt
Pinch Fresh Horseradish
Shake all ingredients over ice and strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with a gherkin, pickled onion and piece of bacon.