Last Updated on 08/19/2021 by Inside Tailgating
Some tailgaters really go all out with food preparation for hours on end the night before a big sporting event. If that’s what you enjoy doing with your time, then power to you. But for those folks that are too busy (and much too lazy) to spend all this time on game-day eve, we give you a simpler recipe to enjoy at your next tailgate, especially for an early kick-off.
While it’s not clear who actually invented this concoction below, one thing that is certain is how much tailgaters love eating what is referred to simply as the Ziploc Omelet. With a 15-minute prep time and the ability to customize your own food, this is truly an amazing food. These can be served with fresh fruit, coffee cake and other breakfast items.
* Freezer bags, preferably Ziploc, (1 per person)
* Eggs (2 per person)
* Assorted Omelet fillings
* Green Pepper
* Hash browns
* Permanent Marker
1. Each person writes his or her name with a permanent marker on the freezer bag.
2. Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into freezer bag and shake to combine eggs. Do not use more than two eggs per bag.
3. Each guest add selected Omelet fillings above (cheeses, ham, green pepper, etc.) to their egg bag and shake well. Make sure air is removed from bag when you zip it up.
4. Place bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 15 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
6. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.