Summer and baseball go hand in hand. But not everyone can make it to a Major League Baseball stadium. Instead why not find a great minor league or independent league baseball field and tailgate there.
Here are some of our favorites:
- FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading, PA, home of the Reading Fightin Phils.This may be the finest stadium in all of baseball. And it is not even a new facility as it was built in 1951. The reading organization knows how to treat fans of all ages.
- Everett Memorial Stadium in Everett, WA, home of the Everett AquaSox.A fun little park north of Seattle.
- Parkview Field in Fort Wayne, IN, home of the Fort Wayne TinCaps.If Reading doesn’t have the best stadium in baseball, Fort Wayne may be able to lay claim. A world class facility.
- Bowen Field in Bluefield, VA, home of the Bluefield Blue Jays.Not the most beautiful stadium but the small town setting just can’t be beat. Also a large parking lot for tailgating.
- Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA, home of the Lancaster Barnstormers.This jewel of the independent Atlantic League has plenty of free parking outside and great amenities inside.