Last Updated on 04/15/2021 by Inside Tailgating
Fish tacos are said to come from Baja California, Mexico’s northernmost state. But I like to put a hot and Caribbean flair to my fish tacos. For your next tailgate event try these out.
Busha Browne Fish Tacos
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper (stems seeds and membrane removed)
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only) or 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese (or queso fresco, or shredded Monterey Jack)
- Busha Browne Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, scotch bonnet pepper, and onions in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod.
- Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice.
- Fold ends under to enclose fish.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
- Place equal amounts of cod in each tortilla and ingredients and top off with Busha Browne’s Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce.